zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Layout Factory (incubating) version 0.0.5
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2019 09:41:25 GMT
I just double-checked the dist and looks like the rat excludes are
there and mvn install works etc. I think an old commit possibly didn't
work, but the commit on this release does. I think we are good to go.

Thanks for looking closely! we definitely prefer to have things in a
pass state by the time we go IPMC vote.

Best,
-a

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 5:24 PM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com> wrote:

> weird that should have made Jenkins fail.. rat itself is not critical unless it stops
the build from working. rat is just another faulty tool we use

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019, 4:39 PM Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841108@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I noticed this release rat check fails. Because of the following files
>> 1. DEPENDENCIES
>> 2. README.adoc
>> 3. src/main/resources/spring.factories
>>
>> This may be a block to release, but incubator may ask :) We could add
>> header or set ignore in rat pom setting.
>>
>> Others check passed.
>> - Sign checked
>> - Compile, test
>> - Header, NOTICE
>> - DISCLAIMER
>> - sha512 exists
>>
>> Sheng Wu 吴晟
>>
>> Apache SkyWalking, ShardingSphere, Zipkin
>> Twitter, wusheng1108
>>

>> Tommy Ludwig <tommyludwig@apache.org> 于2019年4月29日周一 上午11:33写道:
>>
>> > +1
>> >
>> > I have run the following for verification:
>> > docker run --rm -ti abesto/openzipkin-contrib-apache-release-verification
>> > --project zipkin --module zipkin-layout-factory --version 0.0.5 --gpg-key
>> > 50D90C2C --git-hash 23dbddb426b4113c4b8633808b9ff0df3454e201 --repo dev
>> > --zipname-template
>> > 'apache-{module}{dash_incubating}-{version}-source-release'
>> > --github-reponame-template '{incubator_dash}{module}.git'
>> >
>> > [PASS] Source archive has expected name
>> > [PASS] SHA512 checksum is correct
>> > [PASS] Provided GPG key is in KEYS file
>> > [PASS] GPG signature is valid, made with the provided key
>> > [PASS] Base dir in archive has expected name
>> > [PASS] Git tree at provided revision matches source archive
>> > [PASS] No .gitignore-d files in source archive
>> > [PASS] DISCLAIMER and NOTICE look good
>> > [PASS] LICENSE looks good
>> > [PASS] No binary files in the release
>> >
>> > I also checked that `mvn test` compiles and runs tests successfully.

>> > the
>> > > >
>> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/zipkin/brave-karaf/0.1.2/apache-zipkin-brave-karaf-incubating-0.1.2-source-release.zip
>> > > >
>> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/zipkin/zipkin-layout-factory/0.0.5/apache-zipkin-layout-factory-incubating-0.0.5-source-release.zip

>> > "incubator/zipkin/brave-karaf".