zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Elasticsearch and versions
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2019 02:24:07 GMT
On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 11:21 AM Jordi Polo Carres <jcarres@mdsol.com> wrote:

> 2.x was eol one year ago. I think it is fair to drop it.
>
> 5.x was eol 1 month ago. Maybe give it 6 more months?
>
> ES deprecate versions every year or so.  Fast for many enterprise
> environment

Sounds OK, but we haven't given any notice at all, so the next release
should maintain 2.x and then we can drop it after mentioning this.

NOTE: to not repeat the problems of others, we should treat this as a
soft policy until more end users know what's going on. If we end up
deciding something based on a couple people in an email exchange, we
aren't much better than the situation that led to this thread.