zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin API (incubating) version 0.2.1
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2019 00:01:17 GMT
PS it was my call to make a custom assembly for this repo. What
happened before was that you could barely see the IDL files due to
clutter with the dummy files needed to make a maven distribution. I
would have really been confused to see this stuff, especially if I
were a non java person. As the repo is for multi-language and it is an
IDL project with no compilation here or otherwise, I made the
judgement call to do a custom assembly.

In other words, I'll help revert it if that's not acceptable. However,
I think it will be detrimental to the usefulness of the distribution
and possibly another user would as well.