zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Who wants to make Zipkin server's first release in Apache?
Date Sun, 28 Apr 2019 00:28:06 GMT
When the release starts, whoever does source verification voting will
want to run the build from the source dist to create the server and
verify it starts like so:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin/tree/master/zipkin-server#building-locally

People not doing source verification, who just want to try the server
from the release commit, can use an unofficial way which requires no
tool except curl and a commit number. I'm not advocating this, just
disclosing it exists. We discussed Jitpack at the last workshop [1]

$ git show -q
commit 6b68e31e779ca60a1936ddcfcf96abde2b529bc0 (HEAD -> master,
origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: Adrian Cole <adriancole@users.noreply.github.com>
Date:   Sun Apr 28 08:05:51 2019 +0800

    Extracts zipkin-tests jar before we publish to o.a.z.zipkin2
namespace (#2546)

    This fixes an anti-pattern before we commit to it in the new namespace.
$ COMMIT=6b68e31e779ca60a1936ddcfcf96abde2b529bc0
$ curl -sSL https://jitpack.io/com/github/apache/incubator-zipkin/zipkin-server/${COMMIT}/zipkin-server-${COMMIT}-exec.jar
> zipkin.jar
$ java -jar zipkin.jar

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/2019-04-17+UX+workshop+and+Lens+GA+planning+at+LINE+Fukuoka