zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Welcome Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya to the project team
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2019 01:20:12 GMT
Please welcome Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya (jeqo) as Zipkin's
most recent committer and PPMC member.

Many of us have relied on Jorge's skills in the area of Kafka and
Zipkin. Jorge has been constantly helpful in trace instrumentation,
both contributing to brave and also some extensions at his company
[1]. He's not limited himself to client side. Jorge double-dared
server options few would attempt, firstly a Kafka replacement for our
Spark dependencies job [2], and then one of streaming aggregation and
storage [3]. He has spoken publicly, creating usable and interesting
projects for newcomers to understand how tracing works [4].

To say Jorge acts like an open source leader, focusing on tech and
talks.. would be only part of the story. Jorge is a listener first,
empathetic to the community we have and the community we want to
build. Jorge doesn't behave like open source leaders do, he behaves
like open source leaders should behave.

The Zipkin PPMC decided without doubt we are better with Jorge with
a position and access to help the community more directly. Please
welcome him to his new role.

Bienvenido y gracias Jorge!

[1] https://github.com/search?q=topic%3Azipkin+org%3Asysco-middleware+fork%3Atrue
[2] https://github.com/sysco-middleware/zipkin-dependencies-streaming