zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject brave-cassandra ASF work in progress
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 00:20:57 GMT
Hi, folks.

Sorrry about the delay, which was due to 2 weeks of face to face
zipkin meetings. I didn't get a chance to push the brave-cassandra
work until now.

What's going on?

Our second repo to move is brave-cassandra, which allows you to trace
activities done the datastax cassandra client all the way to inside
cassandra itself (or either part independently). This has been in use
by SmartThings for a while now (I think), and was originally created
by Mick, at the Last Pickle, that work migrated to our repo a couple
years ago.

This is the second repo to move, and work involved is porting the
build artifacts, which is now done, and then going and setting up
jenkins and a test release (likely this week). Here's the build port
work, which is huge so don't expect people to be excited about
details. The important part is we are progressing, so watch out for
another release attempt soon!

https://github.com/apache/incubator-zipkin-brave-cassandra/pull/17

Best,
-A