zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release review script wish-list thread
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2019 09:29:53 GMT
I was thinking it'd make sense to write the automation in Python instead of
Bash, because

* Long term maintenance will be easier
* script will be somewhat long and complex, we'll have better constructs to
build abstractions
* can print commands reliably before executing them (which is strictly
speaking not possible in Bash)
* given Docker, we can install whatever dependencies we'll need
* can still provide an sh wrapper top 6 build/ download the Docker image
and start the script

Thoughts? Sounds reasonable? Rather do it in Java? :p