zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Brave Karaf (incubating) version 0.1.2
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:19:56 GMT
Confirming we're now in a better state:

* GPG signature and SHA512 of the artifact check out. I expected to also
see a signature for the checksum, but
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution doesn't mention that, so I
think we're fine.
* Confirming base dir is now non-confusing :)
* Code in release matches code at commit 4c28076fd
* `./mvnw compile` succeeds (note: the license checker Maven plugin
complains for about a screenful about failing to find the latest git
commit, but this doesn't fail the build)

However, I'm still -1:

* `./mvnw package` fails both on my macOS and Windows Linux Subsystem
environments: io.zipkin.brave.itests.BraveTest fails with
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for zipkin2.reporter.Sender. Gist of
relevant Maven output:
https://gist.github.com/abesto/632f7e7e515de2adb9b3ba04d7606659

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com> wrote:

> sorry I forgot to mention that GPG asc files weren't there because I
> used the old "release" profile not the "apache-release" one. I've
> removed the old profile to remove confusion as it is no longer used
> anyway
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:08 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > OK all should be resolved now. The new git hash is
> > 4c28076fd617f4896cae77e773de7090bcebe6b4
> >
> > All other locations etc should be the same. Here is a summary of
> glitches fixed:
> >
> > * zip wasn't named correctly I formerly manually fixed it. Now that's
> automatic
> > * zip basedir wasn't intuitive. it is now brave-karaf-$version
> > * we accidentally published itests, now we don't
> > * dummy release notes didn't explain this was only a canary release
> >
> > There was no code change only build script stuff.
> >
> > -A
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 10:38 PM Jorge Quilcate <quilcate.jorge@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1