zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Brave Karaf (incubating) version 0.1.2
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:38:17 GMT
thanks zoltan. we dont deploy the itests so probably dont generally need to
validate them for ASF reasons. however if there is something in the zip it
should work. I will look into this to see if it is failing because it
should fail or not. also I will lightly look into how much logic we need in
general to strip itests out completely.

on a related note, it could be helpful to have Jenkins check our release
tags (mvnw install not deploy) so that we know the actual code still works
(vs a distribution of it)

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019, 5:20 PM Zoltán Nagy <abesto@apache.org wrote:

> Confirming we're now in a better state:
>
> * GPG signature and SHA512 of the artifact check out. I expected to also
> see a signature for the checksum, but
> https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution doesn't mention that, so I
> think we're fine.
> * Confirming base dir is now non-confusing :)
> * Code in release matches code at commit 4c28076fd
> * `./mvnw compile` succeeds (note: the license checker Maven plugin
> complains for about a screenful about failing to find the latest git
> commit, but this doesn't fail the build)
>
> However, I'm still -1:
>
> * `./mvnw package` fails both on my macOS and Windows Linux Subsystem
> environments: io.zipkin.brave.itests.BraveTest fails with
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for zipkin2.reporter.Sender. Gist of
> relevant Maven output:
> https://gist.github.com/abesto/632f7e7e515de2adb9b3ba04d7606659
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > sorry I forgot to mention that GPG asc files weren't there because I
> > used the old "release" profile not the "apache-release" one. I've
> > removed the old profile to remove confusion as it is no longer used
> > anyway
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:08 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > OK all should be resolved now. The new git hash is
> > > 4c28076fd617f4896cae77e773de7090bcebe6b4
> > >
> > > All other locations etc should be the same. Here is a summary of
> > glitches fixed:
> > >
> > > * zip wasn't named correctly I formerly manually fixed it. Now that's
> > automatic
> > > * zip basedir wasn't intuitive. it is now brave-karaf-$version
> > > * we accidentally published itests, now we don't
> > > * dummy release notes didn't explain this was only a canary release
> > >
> > > There was no code change only build script stuff.
> > >
> > > -A
> > >
> > > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 10:38 PM Jorge Quilcate <
> quilcate.jorge@gmail.com>

> > formality

> badevins@gmail.com

> > changes? I