zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Ludwig <tommy.ludwig.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Zipkin Brave Karaf (incubating) version 0.1.2
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:51:20 GMT
Thank you Zoltán for thoroughly checking.
As a reminder to everyone, there are steps PMC members are required to take
before casting a +1 vote, as described in the Release Policy[0]. It might
help us (at least while we're getting used to the process) to mention
specific things done leading up to your vote (like Zoltán did) rather than
just "+1".

"Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
own platform."

[0] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:20 PM Zoltán Nagy <abesto@apache.org> wrote:

> Confirming we're now in a better state:
>
> * GPG signature and SHA512 of the artifact check out. I expected to also
> see a signature for the checksum, but
> https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution doesn't mention that, so I
> think we're fine.
> * Confirming base dir is now non-confusing :)
> * Code in release matches code at commit 4c28076fd
> * `./mvnw compile` succeeds (note: the license checker Maven plugin
> complains for about a screenful about failing to find the latest git
> commit, but this doesn't fail the build)
>
> However, I'm still -1:
>
> * `./mvnw package` fails both on my macOS and Windows Linux Subsystem
> environments: io.zipkin.brave.itests.BraveTest fails with
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for zipkin2.reporter.Sender. Gist of
> relevant Maven output:
> https://gist.github.com/abesto/632f7e7e515de2adb9b3ba04d7606659
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:10 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > sorry I forgot to mention that GPG asc files weren't there because I
> > used the old "release" profile not the "apache-release" one. I've
> > removed the old profile to remove confusion as it is no longer used
> > anyway
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:08 AM Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > OK all should be resolved now. The new git hash is
> > > 4c28076fd617f4896cae77e773de7090bcebe6b4
> > >
> > > All other locations etc should be the same. Here is a summary of
> > glitches fixed:
> > >
> > > * zip wasn't named correctly I formerly manually fixed it. Now that's
> > automatic
> > > * zip basedir wasn't intuitive. it is now brave-karaf-$version
> > > * we accidentally published itests, now we don't
> > > * dummy release notes didn't explain this was only a canary release
> > >
> > > There was no code change only build script stuff.
> > >
> > > -A
> > >
> > > On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 10:38 PM Jorge Quilcate <
> quilcate.jorge@gmail.com>

> > formality

> badevins@gmail.com

> > changes? I