zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Magesh Chandramouli <mchandramo...@expedia.com>
Subject Expedia + Zipkin Workshop followup
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 04:24:36 GMT
Team Zipkin
Thanks for your time last week. These are the action items Haystack team is taking forward
from our joint workshop. We will prioritize the following to be done in Q1 2019
Zipkin-Haystack integration:

  *   Wire Zipkin, Pitchfork, Haystack-ui, trends and adaptive-alerting subsystems (pattern
0 that we started last week)  with sample apps/data generation to show alerting integrated
with Zipkin end to end. We will use a simple anomaly model like cumulative-sum with one standard
deviation to show it in action
  *   Provide one or more docker-compose files to start the configuration mentioned above
  *   Update documentation in Zipkin and Haystack sites on above configuration

Haystack improvements:

  *   Make local startup and experimentation simple. Use composable docker-compose file to
start Haystack with various subsystems
  *   Move Haystack example projects to top level with better documentation
We will create issues for the two and track them – and it will be great if you all can try
and provide feedback as we get them going. Haystack team will continue working on releasing
Haystack-Adaptive-Alerting, Neural Network based anomaly detection algo and Control Pane this
quarter.
Let me know if I have missed something.
Thanks
Magesh