zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Devins-Suresh <badev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The brave-karaf is migrated!
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:34:15 GMT
I think yeah, probably belongs on the dev list. I've added it in my reply.

As far as Jenkins goes. I think leaving things on Travis/Circle for now
should be our plan, but I do think we will want to move to Jenkins in
the future based on the fragility we have seen with Travis/Circle (the
reason we have both). I have a bunch of experience in the pipeline work
also so I'd be able to lend a hand here, and I could probably enlist the
help of a former colleague who is a bit of a Groovy wizard and wrote our
pipeline component library at my last job.

This brings me to something I've been thinking about. How do we want to
organize these types of tasks/projects? I've been against using JIRA in the
past, but specifically for tracking issues/bugs/feature requests. Maybe we
should have a JIRA created that we use only for project level initiatives?
Like adopting Jenkins for CI, or other infrastructure type things. I don't
know, maybe that is too much structure for things that ultimately are not
delivering value to the greater community but instead are just helping us
stay organized. I had considered Github projects but considering the Org we
have access to at that level is not Apache I would feel weird coordinating
the Apache tasks from the non-Apache org.