zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docker repos and the ASF
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:55:27 GMT
AFAIK the only official ASF releases are source releases. Everything else
is a convenience for users. So that means any Docker repo is also
"unofficial" in that they're not ASF releases.

My 2 cents: if we're still talking DockerHub repos, then it shouldn't
really matter, operationally, which org they are under. Pro for being under
Apache: branding. Con: harder to get a list of all OpenZipkin-related
Docker repos. The org currently has 38 repositories (see
https://hub.docker.com/u/apache). OpenZipkin has 18 (
https://hub.docker.com/u/openzipkin). We'd be one third of the repos! I
think I'm very mildly against moving.