zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Reminder Zipkin workshop at Salesforce San Francisco 11 March
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 06:52:26 GMT
Hi, folks.

For those who can make it, I wanted to let you know about the next workshop
which is at Salesforce in San Francisco 11 March. This is a place for
experienced folks to share experiences towards an improved Zipkin solution
space.

Unlike a meetup, workshops aren't a great place for the not acclimated.
They are also not a good place for vendor pitches or positioning. We
reserve these for deep dives on topics, usually brought forth by sites
themselves. This means attendance is most relevant as site owners and
friends who affect positive change in Zipkin. We often invite (even remote)
guests to present specialized topics as well.

So attendance could mean a lot of you, though unfortunately we don't have a
standing budget for travel. Indeed that's why we move these around and ask
(beg) folks to sponsor others. We were very lucky the last workshop that
Expedia covered the cost of many who otherwise would not be able to attend.
Perhaps on another thread, we can try to make this more formulaic and less
luck :)

Anyway, this march we will at least meet in San Francisco (possibly we will
try to get something together in Japan soon for the UI folks). We need to
loopback on developments since the last Salesforce meeting when we
discussed at length the "firehose mode" as notably it is becoming proven
practice now. To the degree they can travel, we'd like folks from Expedia,
Hotels.com and Homeaway.com to join as we created an alerting pipeline in
Dehli recently. It is so important we all learn the boundaries between tech
and open source partners who can be trusted to give sites more choices
without a forking over of money ultimatum for things eventually required :P

All that said, if this sounds like something for you, please sign up for
our next meetup. Like usual, there is a secret "max attendance" a bit
higher that what's listed but unlikely to be over 20. The small attendance
is important as we have a lot to cover and work to do. We expect ourselves
to not use this precious time of others to check gmail in other words :P

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/2019-03-11+Tapping+into+Zipkin+data

Hope to see more of you in march!
-A