zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy Ludwig <tommy.ludwig.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docker repos and the ASF
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:12:24 GMT
There was this thread[0] on the Incubator General list, which talks about
official releases and not. The first ticket mentioned[1] seems to conclude
publishing to Docker Hub is fine like publishing to Maven central is fine,
for releases, but not for unreleased code like snapshots (which must not be
in third-party distribution channels like Maven Central or Docker Hub). As
for our own Docker Hub user vs the official Apache one, it seems either is
fine[2]. Not releases (snapshots) would have to be published somewhere else
Apache owned, it seems. The ticket[3] Andriy mentioned has history of
Apache Beam setting up that.

[0]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201901.mbox/%3CEF22605E-0B8F-4CF5-8046-248C0671718C%40classsoftware.com%3E
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-270