zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: headers in response
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2018 06:03:10 GMT
This topic has come up many times. Somebody named Jordi raise this
over 2 years ago I think :)
https://github.com/openzipkin/b3-propagation/issues/4

The best solution I can think of is to have the user opt into a
response header. This is what kamon does and I think some libraries
could follow: https://github.com/kamon-io/Kamon/blob/master/kamon-core/src/main/resources/reference.conf#L350

main downside besides leaking the ID is that most instrumentation are
not currently trying to mutate http response headers. At any rate, in
a lot of middleware someone can do this any way by adding a filter
that peeks at the current span.

hope this helps!
-A