zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: introductions
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2018 18:55:46 GMT
*coughs nervously, shuffles feet*
*adjusts mic, awkward silence*

I'm Zoltán Nagy (@abesto), currently Production Engineer at Facebook
in London, for all of ~7 weeks now (and nothing I say or do represents
FB, etc etc). Before that I played infrastructure tech-lead /
architect at Prezi in Budapest, Hungary, where we tried to use Zipkin
back in uhh... 2015? Maybe 2014. To do that we built a half-shitty
Django client (I'm OK calling it that 'cause I wrote most of it), but
unfortunately at that point the balance of Zipkin maturity and
manpower available for the project at Prezi meant it didn't really go
anywhere.

Still, when Adrian started pushing OpenZipkin properly, I felt that
this is a project "the world needs", so helped out over the years
where I could. That's almost exclusively automation and tooling around
the website, builds, tests, and releases; and some operational stuff
like some Docker or observability things here or there. I'm investing
significantly less time into Zipkin than what the project would
deserve, and feel bad about that, and have no workable plan to make
that better, so, y'know, it's what it is.

Also zero experience with ASF, I'm very curious to watch the whole
incubation process, and help where I can.

*accidentally drops mic, gets scared by the noise, carefully puts it
back on the stand and shuffles away*