zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: introductions
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 23:32:10 GMT
Hi Everyone,

> Sounds funny to do this, but a chat conversation made me realize we
> may never meet each other in person. For those who are comfortable
> introducing themselves including where they live on a public forum,
> I'd welcome this, especially IPMC. No pressure if you feel
> uncomfortable.

 my name is Mick and I'm notorious late and slow to everything ;)

My involvement with Zipkin started back in 2015 alongside Eirik Sletteberg at Finn.no in Norway,
and have been following Adrian and his solid work from the first OpenZipkin workshop in Budapest
til the current day.

Since leaving Norway and Finn.no in 2015 I've been a consultant at The Last Pickle where we
help clients with their Apache Cassandra platforms. That expertise on Cassandra helped design
the new Cassandra backend schema for Zipkin2.

I given a number of presentations at different conferences on Zipkin, and it is definitely
one of my favourite technologies to talk about. If you have any questions about using the
Cassandra backend to Zipkin reach out!

I've been keen on open source for a while now, going back as far as being the community elected
Governance Board member for NetBeans shortly after it was open sourced in 2002 (how cool is
it that it too is now in the Incubator). Was involved in the Tigris open source community
with the Scarab issue tracker project, and more recently with Apache as a VP, PMC, Committer
and Member,  involved in Tiles, Cassandra, and the Incubator (SkyWalking and Zipkin) now.

I live in a little town called Sawtell on Australia's east coast and spend many of my non-working
hours in the ocean. Nature based activities is always a successful conversation starter with
me :-)

Mick.