zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Zipkin release process under ASF
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2018 00:12:09 GMT
Thanks, Zoltan

I will read through the release process. And share my experiences from SkyWalking release,
here is the official release document from SkyWalking, https://github.com/apache/incubator-skywalking/blob/master/docs/en/guides/How-to-release.md

I am sure, this could help you to go through Apache release.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Zoltán Nagy <abesto@apache.org>
Date: Sun,Oct 14,2018 6:58 AM
To: dev <dev@zipkin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Zipkin release process under ASF

Hi again,

It's your friendly neighborhood release engineer!

I drafted what seem like the obvious possible release processes in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/Release+process. At
this point my approach would be to implement Option A (only official
ASF releases), do a release, see how much it hurts, learn from it,
then implement some version of Option B on top of it (extra tools to
share dev builds).

As usual, since I'm not the one actually doing the releases or
interacting with our users a whole lot, I'm looking for all the input
you have. Please comment on the page or make edits, let's use the
wiki-ness.

Cheers!