zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Implementors docs to our wiki
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 06:53:11 GMT
> One of my concern do we need to get the user approve to use their information?

So the folks that shared the information on google drive did so
deliberately. For example, I created a doc for them to populate.. they
controlled the content. There was no "redistribution" clause or
licensing of that content beyond the understanding that this was
intentionally being made public for people to share.

Somewhat unusual to tracing, zipkin contributors are mostly site
owners, not vendor employees. Most docs published are by people who
also contribute code to Zipkin. Raja (a site owner and I think
committer by now) has already migrated his own content.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=95651348

Hence, I think we can likely get most of these moved even if we don't
move on behalf of folks. That said, I do think it would be easier to
move on behalf of folks...

-A