zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Added a blurb on revealing stats to the site template
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 23:56:07 GMT
Hi, folks.

Just want to call to your attention that some of our sites are SaaS
offerings. A SaaS company can consider their trace rate as private
information as it can be used to reverse engineer key facts about the
company such as business events per second.

As such, I've added a warning section at the bottom of the site
template with tips on what to share. While it is the responsibility of
authors to decide what to share, we should help where we can as some
of this is subtle.

Letting y'all know as we want to all share responsibly and not setup
traps by accident.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/Site+Template

-A