zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject A lot of buzz lately
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2018 01:21:03 GMT
Hi, team.

For those not following zipkinproject on twitter, or with no access to
it, you should be aware of an increasing buzz. This has been
increasing since SoundCloud and others posted their site docs to the
cwiki.

We had a lot of engagement about Netflix adding their site to our
Wiki. Many contributors are proud to have the recognition that their
efforts are used at such a popular site.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/Netflix

While not everyone can read Medium (ex it is blocked in malaysia
though easy to get around), Salesforce wrote today an article about
anomaly detection against Zipkin data, which was an implicit win by
public recognition that they use Zipkin.

https://engineering.salesforce.com/anomaly-detection-in-zipkin-trace-data-87c8a2ded8a1

There was also an implicit recognition due to a T-Mobile engineer
tweeting about zipkin analysis yesterday. I am trying to contact the
person to see if they are comfortable sharing more or posting
information for others to understand their site (assuming the bio is
correct and the person is from T-Mobile)

https://twitter.com/soini/status/1057132346594324482

All the while, we are having a small pow-wow at LINE who have also
published a doc and are offering to help with the UI. Just yesterday,
we also met about Haystack which is an expedia project compatible with
Zipkin and offers anomaly detection. They have budgeted for some of us
to visit them in India early next year.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZIPKIN/2018-10-29+Zipkin+UI+at+LINE+Tokyo

Anyway, I wanted to summarize this as a means to keep the fire burning
on the mail thread. While most chatter is on gitter, we know not
everyone is there and also it isn't good for summaries. Hope this
helps!

Best,
-A