zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Zipkin repositories from the openzipkin to apache
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 23:21:29 GMT
+1 on this. Star can't represent the good or bad of a project, we all know what i am referring,
but new incoming users sometimes focus on this, and judge project by this.

Also, 10k stars is an exciting thing for me, I assume it is to others.

Just simpling submit JIRA ticket to Infra team, ask for repo transform.

Need I do that? Adrian, Mick.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

From Wu Sheng 's phone.

From: Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com>
Date: Mon,Sep 10,2018 7:14 AM
To: dev <dev@zipkin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Moving Zipkin repositories from the openzipkin to apache

please don't re create the repos. it will drops all stars, followers etc.
many in the community spent years assembling it so I think it would be best
to try best to preserve especially as others have been able to. As a
historical note, years ago when we redid the server we also had pushback
about the same suggestion. That was back when Zipkin had a couple thousand
stars (it is now nearing 10k)

-A