zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Getting repos moved over
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2018 13:12:13 GMT
I just added some comments to the board report about the "chicken and egg"
problem we have with getting the repos moved over to the ASF github
organization.

Here's my take:

- Most new podlings we receive are existing from corporation projects that
have a clear chain of command that allows them to sign off on donating the
code to the ASF.  Zipkin's not this, while there was a corporate backer a
while ago that has long since transitioned.
- Infra has indicated they're waiting on secretary to give the OK to
migrate the repos.  First I'm seeing of a request like this, but ok.
- Looking at the custody, most of the code is written by Adrian, who
already has an ICLA on file.  We can probably identify which repos this
isn't the case of and handle those ad-hoc.

So if we want to push it, I'm willing to send an email to secretary
requesting that they acknowledge receipt of ICLAs for most of the
committers on list who have provided some significant amount of code, this
way we can move forward with getting the repositories moved.

Thanks,

John