zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Zipkin repositories from the openzipkin to apache
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 09:01:09 GMT
> The process here I do believe is that we'll need to add admin rights to
whomever from ASF infra picks up the ticket and then they will transfer the
repository to the apache github organisation. All history will be
maintained.
I can do that as well if Adrian is not available when that happens. Oh,
and, after checking
https://github.com/orgs/openzipkin/people?query=+role%3Aowner: so can you!

> Adrian, what about 'openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io' ?
> I believe the website is to be hosted on ASF infrastructure, which means
this repo will need to be transferred as well.
That's my understanding as well. Though, note: just moving the repo will
not be enough to get the site hosted on ASF infrastructure (unless some
super-smart ASF automation would somehow automatically pick it up);  we'll
need to update ... something, probably
https://github.com/openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io/blob/master/.circleci/config.yml
to push the generated site to wherever it needs to go. I'm happy to do
that, especially if you can point me at relevant docs :)

Please note that moving 'openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io' out of the GitHub
openzipkin organization right now would break the site, as it's hosted
directly through GH Pages, so let's make sure the domain is redirected
before doing so. Speaking of, FTR: zipkin.io currently goes through
CloudFlare (for HTTPS). Shouldn't change the migration process, just good
to know to avoid confusion.