zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Zipkin repositories from the openzipkin to apache
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 15:53:32 GMT
Ah, I was missing the bit on git pub automatically updating the website
from the repo. In that case yes, the plan you outlined seems best. The only
thing to keep an eye out for is to make sure that the website doesn't break
(too long, at least) during the migration of the repo. Specifically:

   - Create ASF website repo
   - Push current git history to ASF website repo, triggering upload of the
   website to ASF hosting
   - Switch zipkin.io to the ASF-hosted site
   - Delete the ASF website repo
   - *At this point, if automation tries to update the website from the
   repo, depending on how things are implemented, the website might go blank*
   - Move and rename `openzipkin/openzipkin.github.io` to be the ASF
   website repo

We need that extra complexity to keep the issues tracked on the repo. If we
didn't need that, we could just push the commit history, archive the old
repo, switch the DNS, and call it a day.

My ICLA is still pending processing from ASF, so hands currently tied
behind my back. I'm happy to collaborate on doing this if it's urgent, or
do the whole thing myself once my account is ready.