zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Zoltán Nagy <abe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Infrastructure setup / CI
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2018 21:38:50 GMT
Thanks for the explanation and links. It indeed looks like we have homework
to do :)

Is anyone already looking into all this? Please share your thoughts if you
are. Feels like there's more complexity here than what lends itself well to
ironing out over e-mail. Are we OK using GDocs to hammer out a proposal
(where there's real-time collaboration)? Or would we need to do that on {c,}
wiki.apache.org?

> It's worth noting that the incubator wants to see us doing the formal ASF
releases soon
How soon is “soon”? :)
I'm thinking it might make sense to do just enough research and planning to
get out a fully manual ASF release without messing up the opportunity to
“do things right” in the future.
My impression is we'd be focusing on getting out a proper ASF release now,
while figuring out the long-term release setup we want, and not doing any
more old-style releases – please correct me if I'm wrong on that.