zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sign-off required on Zipkin's Incubator report for September
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 01:24:04 GMT
It could be better if we can discuss the report in the dev mailing
list with a draft.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 8:20 AM Andriy Redko <drreta@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's right, the 'reporting' tag must contain the initial list of reporting months,
starting with the month after
> the podling entered incubation. So we entered incubation in August, the month after is
September, it just we did it
> at the very end of the month :-D The next report is mine, I will take it :)
>
> Best Regards,
>     Andriy Redko
>

> >> To clarify, how did you notice that Zipkin was scheduled for a report?
> >> “caught me a bit by surprise” implies that you received some notification;
>
> MSW> There was no notification.
> MSW> I noticed it from the reporting schedule entered into the podling xml
>
> MSW> That reporting schedule is September, October, November, and then every third
month.

> MSW> After graduation such a report must still be written every third month, but then
submitted directly to the board.
> MSW> In a top level project writing the report is the duty of the project chair or
vice-president.  Personally I think
> MSW> this is a terrible name for the role as this report writing is their only additional
responsibility and task beyond
> MSW> being just one of the PMC, and it is a role/position that is supposed to change
or rotate every year or more. I think it would be much better named as PMC Secretary.