zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sign-off required on Zipkin's Incubator report for September
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 22:21:13 GMT

> To clarify, how did you notice that Zipkin was scheduled for a report?
> “caught me a bit by surprise” implies that you received some notification;

There was no notification.
I noticed it from the reporting schedule entered into the podling xml

That reporting schedule is September, October, November, and then every third month.

After graduation such a report must still be written every third month, but then submitted
directly to the board. In a top level project writing the report is the duty of the project
chair or vice-president.  Personally I think this is a terrible name for the role as this
report writing is their only additional responsibility and task beyond being just one of the
PMC, and it is a role/position that is supposed to change or rotate every year or more. I
think it would be much better named as PMC Secretary.

> “First in best dressed” is a great phrase, first time I hear it :) To
> clarify for next month: submitting the report is “just” editing the report
> page for that month, correct?

:-)
That's correct. Just like the diff in this thread's first mail.