zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Sign-off required on Zipkin's Incubator report for September
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 13:38:00 GMT
It caught me a bit by surprise that Zipkin was scheduled for a report this month.

Anyway, I've written the report up (two days late), and just now need the sign-off from the
three other mentors:
 John, William, Andriy.

For everyone else: Each month for the first three months, and then every third month after
that, the Zipkin community has to write up a status report. You can see my diff below, otherwise
the report is part of the corresponding wiki page like https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2018

You'll a link to the current report at https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/

Next month it will be someone else's turn to write the report. First in, best dressed. Don't
make me name names ;-)

regards,
Mick

----- Original message -----
From: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
To: Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org>
Subject: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "September2018" by mck
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 13:28:06 -0000

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "September2018" page has been changed by mck:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2018?action=diff&rev1=83&rev2=84

Comment:
Zipkin first report

  ||[none] ||Spot ||
  ||[none] ||Tamaya ||
  ||[none] ||Taverna ||
+ ||[none] ||Zipkin ||

  === Report content ===
  {{{
@@ -2305, +2306 @@

  IPMC/Shepherd notes:

+ --------------------
+ Zipkin
+
+ Zipkin has been incubating since 2018-08-30
+
+ Zipkin is a distributed tracing system. It helps gather timing data needed
+ to troubleshoot latency problems in microservice architectures. It manages
+ both the collection and lookup of this data. Zipkinā€™s design is based on
+ the Google Dapper paper.
+
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation.
+   1. Initial committers ICLAs
+   2. Migrate GitHub repositories
+   3. Migrate website
+
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware
+ of:
+   none
+
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+   N/A
+
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+   N/A
+
+ How would you assess the podling's maturity?
+   Zipkin only entered the Incubator just over a week ago.
+ The project DNS and mailing lists have been setup.
+ Currently in progress is git repository migration.
+ Otherwise the community is still handing in ICLAs and learning up on ASF.
+
+   [X] Initial setup
+   [ ] Working towards first release
+   [ ] Community building
+   [ ] Nearing graduation
+   [ ] Other: Building initial designs and re-writing donated code
+
+ Date of last release:
+   N/A
+
+ When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
+   N/A
+
+ Signed-off-by:
+