zipkin-dev mailing list archives

From Andriy Redko <drr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sign-off required on Zipkin's Incubator report for September
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 00:20:21 GMT
That's right, the 'reporting' tag must contain the initial list of reporting months, starting
with the month after
the podling entered incubation. So we entered incubation in August, the month after is September,
it just we did it
at the very end of the month :-D The next report is mine, I will take it :)

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

>> To clarify, how did you notice that Zipkin was scheduled for a report?
>> “caught me a bit by surprise” implies that you received some notification;

MSW> There was no notification.
MSW> I noticed it from the reporting schedule entered into the podling xml

MSW> That reporting schedule is September, October, November, and then every third month.

MSW> After graduation such a report must still be written every third month, but then submitted
directly to the board.
MSW> In a top level project writing the report is the duty of the project chair or vice-president.
 Personally I think
MSW> this is a terrible name for the role as this report writing is their only additional
responsibility and task beyond
MSW> being just one of the PMC, and it is a role/position that is supposed to change or
rotate every year or more. I think it would be much better named as PMC Secretary.