From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics Batik 1.9 (2nd attempt)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:35:16 GMT
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Simon Steiner <simonsteiner1984@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to keep existing version naming used for past releases which was
> eg 1.8.

understood; i am not going to object to this, however, we need to keep an
eye on this to see if it causes problems; we probably should have a
discussion on version policy for both dev and release processes; for
example, we now need to choose dev versions for use in upcoming work beyond
this release cycle, such as, which of the following should we use for FOP
dev builds after this release and up to the next release:

   - 2.3-SNAPSHOT
   - 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
   - 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT

what do others think?