From Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Merge from xmlgraphics/batik/branches/maven to trunk
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 13:56:39 GMT
Hi,
Here's my +1.
Thanks,
Robert

> From: simonsteiner1984@gmail.com
> To: general@xmlgraphics.apache.org; batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [VOTE] Merge from xmlgraphics/batik/branches/maven to trunk
> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 12:48:00 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> +1
>
> Thanks

trunk [2]. Please respond by Wednesday, 03/02, 1700Z. Lack of a response will be interpreted
as +0.

> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/branches/maven/
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk/
>
> Unlike xmlgraphics-commons, the batik project has not yet been updated to
> support:
>
>    - checkstyle
>    - findbugs
>    - junit
>
> Although I have started converting the existing 'regard' based tests over to junit (see,
e.g., batik-util/src/test), this task will consume a fair amount of resources to complete.
As a consequence, I am proposing to do the initial maven upgrade without converting the regard
tests (in this initial migration step). Further, it does not appear the regard tests are running
properly, even in the current batik trunk. Therefore, I propose we:

>    1. convert to maven, then
>    2. make fixes as needed to allow 'ant regard' to complete (in the new
>    maven hierarchy), then
>    3. finish converting regard tests to junit
>
> These latter two steps would be accomplished in subsequent updates to ^/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk
after the maven merge.

> Note that the consequences of this is that 'ant regard' will not work properly until
step (2) above is complete, and 'mvn test' will not include all existing tests until step
(3) above is complete. Given that we have not been (and are not yet) running a (Jenkins) CI
build process on batik, then this should not be a problem (from the CI perspective).