From Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing batik: running 'regard' ant target
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2016 19:52:35 GMT

Sorry, I have been away from the mailing list but it seems no one has
answered. Last time I tried to run regard was almost two years ago, and
it never ran to completion. I do not find the regard test suite as is
useful because many tests are environment dependent. If you run it in a
different machine you will get different results. There is a way to
update the expected results but even then comparisons seem to be
problematic. But the idea of automated tests falls apart if the results
depend on the machine. I am in favor of disabling or even removing all
environment dependent tests.