From Matthias Reischenbacher <matthias8...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge from xmlgraphics/commons/branches/maven to trunk.
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:02:12 GMT
Hi Glenn,

I just checked some other Apache projects that use maven. Here is a
short list of their artifactIds:

Jackrabbit:
* jackrabbit-api
* jackrabbit-jcr-commons
* jackrabbit-core
etc.

Apache Commons:
* commons-codec
* commons-fileupload
etc.

PDFBox:
* pdfbox
* fontbox
* jempbox
etc.

If we use commons-xmlgraphics/xgc we would introduce a third naming
scheme and it would still be associated more with Apache Commons than
Apache XMLGraphics. I think we should either stick to your original
proposal and use "commons", "fop" and "batik". Or should change to:
"xmlgraphics-commons", "xmlgraphics-batik", "xmlgraphics-fop" (or with
"xgc-" prefix).

BR,
Matthias