From Matthias Reischenbacher <matthias8...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge from xmlgraphics/commons/branches/maven to trunk.
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:07:35 GMT
Hi Glenn,

if we use the "commons-2.2.0.SNAPSHOT.jar" naming scheme, the jar file
will be wrongly associated with jar files of http://commons.apache.org/
(some examples: commons-cli-1.0.jar, commons-codec-1.5 etc.).

I think it would be better to normalize the batik and fop naming scheme.

BR,
Matthias

On 22.02.2016 18:01, Glenn Adams wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Simon Steiner <simonsteiner1984@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ant naming is: xmlgraphics-commons-svn-trunk.jar
>> Mvn naming is: commons-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>>
> Correct. We will be using the maven naming scheme now for maven built
> artifacts, which is:
>
> groupId:artifactId:version
>
> We will use org.apache.xmlgraphics as the groupId and the following
> artifactIds:
>
>    - commons
>    - batik
>    - fop
>
> Note that of our 3 current projects built by ant, only xmlgraphics-commons
> has a prefix, while batik and fop do not. If they had all used an
> 'xmlgraphics-' prefix, then we would probably want to include that prefix
> in our maven artifact identifiers. However, since 2 don't use a prefix and
> 1 does, we are inconsistent in our present names, and should normalize this
> by removing the prefix on commons.
>
> Do you anticipate a problem arising from this change? I expect that
> external users that want to use the new maven artifacts can make the
> appropriate name changes on their side. If they are using maven
> dependencies, they will use the maven artifact naming conventions to pull
> in xmlgraphics artifacts.
>

>> Thanks

>>> src/main/resources
>>> src/test/java