From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: My Goals for XML Graphics Project
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 14:33:21 GMT
Hi All,

As previously discussed I'm -1 on upgrading the JDK at this time. I will
change my vote if evidence gathered via a survey shows no one is using
the older JDKs. Since FOP is a server side process, my experience is
that it is run on a lot of older systems, like AIX, HP-UX, etc. It is
very difficult to patch these system up to such later JDKs, and so we
may prevent a lot of users from using/upgrading FOP. And for what
benefit? What does the later JDK give us, that JDK 6 doesn't already
have? The benefit seems very minimal versus the potential cost

Thanks,

Chris

On 04/01/2016 14:12, Clay Leeds wrote:
> +1 for a pre-release party (FOP and/or Batik release before JDK upgrade)
>
> +1 for JDK upgrade, assuming there're community-wide VOTEs (2-weeks? 1-month? Lazy consensus?)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Happy New Year folks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone 6s
>
>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 5:55 AM, Simon Steiner <simonsteiner1984@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Would it make sense to make a bugfix release before requiring a newer JDK.
>>
>> We have done so far:
>> FOP-2157: Deadlock in CompareUtil class; fixed typo spotted by Jens Schreiber
>> FOP-2356: default JAVA_HOME is not compatible with Oracle's JDK on Mac OS X
>> FOP-2436: Merging of Tagged (Accessible) PDF
>> FOP-2455 - Fix unnecessary duplication of AFP resource objects as suggested by sdridi@iptech-group.com.
>> FOP-2465: Fix links to/from 'last' page
>> FOP-2473: SVG text using filters not shown
>> FOP-2485: Update xercesImpl to 2.9.1
>> FOP-2486: Soft font support for TrueType fonts in PCL
>> FOP-2487: replace cached pages if span condition doesn't match
>> FOP-2488: Support PDF/UA
>> FOP-2489: An SVG file using markers is not rendered by FOP 2.0
>> FOP-2490: Embedded SVG 1.2 not supported by FOP 2.0; fix submitted by Hussein Shafie.
>> FOP-2491: Adobe Reader error with OTF subset PDF
>> FOP-2494 - Unable to use Ubuntu Mono Font
>> FOP-2498: Fix "last" page master usage with force-page-count=end-on-even/-odd
>> FOP-2499: PDF/UA warnings for nested elements
>> FOP-2504: Truetype support for AFP
>> FOP-2507: PDFVT and Page Piece exception using IF
>> FOP-2508: TTF bullet missing when OTF used
>> FOP-2509: Add support for PDF/A-3
>> FOP-2510: Flow name infinite Loop
>> FOP-2512: fix issue with transparent PNGs with indexed color model
>> FOP-2530: fix performance regression in MultiByteFont.findGlyphIndex as suggested
by dvineshkumar@gmail.com
>> FOP-2537: Support CMYK JPEG in AFP
>> FOP-2538: PDF to PDF OOM
>> FOP-2543: Update avalon-framework to 4.3.1
>> FOP-2546: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException merging fonts
>> FOP-2547: Update Xalan to 2.7.2 for CVE-2014-0107
>> FOP-2548: Support Barcode4J page number
>> FOP-2552: TrueType in AFP adding extra slash to end of font uri
>> FOP-2553: Support PDF shading to PS
>> XGC-93: fix performancy penalty caused by excessive DeflaterOutputStream.write(byte)
calls, thanks to Andre Klemann