From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject My Goals for XML Graphics Project
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:55:03 GMT
Fellow Team,

I'd like to share some of my ideas for improving the XML Graphics projects
as we move forward:

   - transition writeable source repository from SVN to GIT, making SVN a
   slave to the latter
   - transition build, test, and deployment system from Ant to Maven
   - update minimum JDK to 7 or perhaps even 8
   - enable findbugs (from Maven site goals) by default
   - convert non-Junit tests (batik) to Junit
   - improve test coverage
   - triage bug list
   - revisit documentation, in its format, deployment, and content

Overall, I want to bring XML Graphics more up to date with other "modern"
Apache Project practices and tool sets.

Please feel free comment on these matters.

Regards,
Glenn