From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics FOP 2.0 (2nd attempt)
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 16:53:09 GMT
For the sake of completeness, if we really insist on "fixing" it, it does appear to be possible...

In the meantime, I discovered that it is related to the way the zip targets in our build.xml
are specified.

Currently, the format used for the binary zip, for example is:

  <zip zipfile="${name}-${version}-bin.zip" basedir="${dist.bin.dir}" includes="**"/>

Now, if we were to employ Ant's zipfileset, and specify it analogously to the tarfileset:

  <zip destfile="${name}-${version}-bin.zip">
    <zipfileset dir="${dist.bin.dir}" filemode="755">
      <include name="${name}-${version}/fop"/>
    </zipfileset>
    <zipfileset dir="${dist.bin.dir}">
      <include name="**"/>
      <exclude name="${name}-${version}/fop"/>
    </zipfileset>
  </zip>

I have verified that that would suffice to address the issue, i.e. make the fop script executable
out of the box.

Still, I am OK with the current artifacts for 2.0 and postponing said tweak to a later release.

KR

Andreas

> On 01 Jun 2015, at 18:18, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Correct, that's why its common practice to provide both zip and tar files, with the tar
files better suited for distribution to Linux systems

> Chris
>
> On 30/05/2015 19:56, Luis Bernardo wrote:
>>
>> Yes, it seems that this may be a limitation of the basic usage of the zip format.

(tested on Linux and Mac OS X). The problem does not happen with the tar.gz files.

>>> BTW - Forgot to mention that it is already that way *in* the zip archive, when
you check the contents with zipinfo. All files (non-directory) in the archive show as "-rw-r--r--"