From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Matthias Reischenbacher for committer
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 08:42:27 GMT
Hi Andreas,

Welcome back to FOP. Its good to see you contributing again. I'm afraid
you did lose PMC membership during your few years away, but you remain a
committer on the FOP project. Although currently you are marked as
inactive on the website, but its easy enough for us to change that back :-)

Thanks,

Chris

On 05/05/2015 18:40, Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> Hi PMC
>
> DISCLAIMER - No presumptions here as to whether this counts. I fully accept that I probably
lost my PMC vote due to a long period of inactivity. Apparently, I am still subscribed to
general@, so saw this one come by and thought that now was as good a time as any to speak
up.

> For what it’s worth, Matthias does indeed seem like a valuable addition to the team.
Going back, he has actually been contributing for 4+ years now. I had good contacts with him
when he collaborated with me on a Bugzilla issue related to the (lack of) support for orphans/widows
(= currently FOP-1488 in JIRA). As I recall, at the time he provided me with some very helpful
real-life examples that enabled me to refine the initial patches. Unfortunately, I did not
get around to committing that patch back then, so the current support for orphans/widows in
FOP is still somewhat deficient.

> I cannot give any guarantee at this point as to how deeply I will become involved again.
Some people very dear to me just recommended that I try and go back to doing things I used
to care about, and working on FOP was one of those ‘things’, so here we are…
> I did post an updated patch for FOP-1488 over the weekend, to see for myself how easy/difficult
it would be to get into programming and debugging Java again. Almost like riding a bicycle,
so far…

offer insights, valuable or otherwise, feel free to let me know, either directly or via fop-dev@.