From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Board Report May 2015
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 15:31:53 GMT
Hi Clay,

Thanks for the feedback. I've made the changes as you requested.

Thanks,

Chris

On 30/04/2015 03:37, Clay Leeds wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a couple of notes:
>
> I noticed a small typo but I can't edit the wiki (I see Immutable Page--can someone with
Karma bless me? ;-).

> ### OLD
> The PMC agreed on this course of action since the PDF Plug-in an optional module that
only a small number of users are using.
> ###
>
> ### NEW
> The PMC agreed on this course of action since the PDF Plug-in is an optional module used
only by a small number of users.
> ###
>
> Also, I believe the Batik XXE Security issue resolved in v 1.8 deserves a bit more explanation
and closure. I propose something along these lines (although it's not *necessary* so you can
skip if you prefer! ;-):

> ###
> BATIK
>
> 18 separate commits to SVN. This breaks down into refactoring to resolve the cyclic dependencies
between components, and some bug fixing in preparation for the release. We decided to do the
release after the Complex Script work has been put on hold for a while, and we received notification
of a security vulnerability. This security vulnerability was reported 1/23/2015 according
to ASF Security guidelines. The issue was resolved via a PATCH being developed and deployed
as a general RELEASE. The Eclipse project has requested that the fix for the security vulnerability
be back ported to 1.6 and 1.7 versions. Thanks to Luis Bernardo for volunteering to apply
the patch to both branches and to prepare the releases. The mailing lists are fairly quiet,
with only 19 e-mails to the users list this quarter.
> ###
>
> Cheers!
>
> Clay
>
>> On Apr 28, 2015, at 5:12 AM, Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> It is good.
>>
>> On 4/28/15 2:06 PM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
>>> Hi Fellow PMCers,
>>>
>>> I've prepared a draft report for the Board at [1] I plan to submit this on the
5th May. Please let me have your feedback before then.