From Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics FOP 2.0
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 09:02:08 GMT

I release cannot not officially be vetoed
(http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html) but obviously having
consensus is desirable and should be the goal.

So before I spend time checking and testing the package I would like us
to reach a consensus here whether this vote still stands.

In my opinion, and given the fact that the number of warning/errors with
checkstyle and findbugs is dependent on the version used, having a
litmus test on checkstyle and findbugs warnings for a release only makes
sense if we were to use the most recent released versions of checkstyle
and findbugs.

Glenn, can you point us to some examples where no findbugs warnings are
a requirement for a company to use open source software? That would be a
good reason for me to support aborting this vote. Otherwise I am in
favor of proceeding with the vote.