From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Matthias Reischenbacher for committer
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 17:40:48 GMT
Hi PMC

DISCLAIMER - No presumptions here as to whether this counts. I fully accept that I probably
lost my PMC vote due to a long period of inactivity. Apparently, I am still subscribed to
general@, so saw this one come by and thought that now was as good a time as any to speak
up.

For what it’s worth, Matthias does indeed seem like a valuable addition to the team. Going
back, he has actually been contributing for 4+ years now. I had good contacts with him when
he collaborated with me on a Bugzilla issue related to the (lack of) support for orphans/widows
(= currently FOP-1488 in JIRA). As I recall, at the time he provided me with some very helpful
real-life examples that enabled me to refine the initial patches. Unfortunately, I did not
get around to committing that patch back then, so the current support for orphans/widows in
FOP is still somewhat deficient.

I cannot give any guarantee at this point as to how deeply I will become involved again. Some
people very dear to me just recommended that I try and go back to doing things I used to care
about, and working on FOP was one of those ‘things’, so here we are…
I did post an updated patch for FOP-1488 over the weekend, to see for myself how easy/difficult
it would be to get into programming and debugging Java again. Almost like riding a bicycle,
so far…
I also re-subscribed to fop-users@, and definitely intend on offering help when I am able
to.

In the meantime, if anybody has a particular JIRA entry in mind where you suspect I can offer
insights, valuable or otherwise, feel free to let me know, either directly or via fop-dev@.

Later,

Andreas