From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics FOP 2.0
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 15:21:41 GMT

Hi Luis,

> On 22 May 2015, at 11:02, Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I release cannot not officially be vetoed (http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html)
but obviously having consensus is desirable and should be the goal.

> So before I spend time checking and testing the package I would like us to reach a consensus
here whether this vote still stands.

For what it's worth: from my end, the +1 would stand.

I was merely expressing a preference, and even offered to assist with resolving the warnings,
but Simon had another solution in mind, which works fine for me.

> In my opinion, and given the fact that the number of warning/errors with checkstyle and
findbugs is dependent on the version used, having a litmus test on checkstyle and findbugs
warnings for a release only makes sense if we were to use the most recent released versions
of checkstyle and findbugs

For FB, does it make sense to make that "the most recent version that works with the minimum
JVM requirement of 1.6" ?

As long as there is no minimum requirement of 1.7+ for FOP itself, that should be 2.0.3, then?

That said, those committers who want to use a more recent version, should be free -- and even
encouraged -- to do so.

Just my 2 cents...

KR

Andreas