From "Simon Steiner" <simonsteiner1...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics FOP 2.0
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 09:11:48 GMT
Hi,

Findbugs 3 requires java 7 so we shouldn’t move to that yet.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Bernardo [mailto:lmpmbernardo@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 May 2015 10:02
To: general@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics FOP 2.0

I release cannot not officially be vetoed
(http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html) but obviously having consensus is desirable
and should be the goal.

So before I spend time checking and testing the package I would like us to reach a consensus
here whether this vote still stands.

In my opinion, and given the fact that the number of warning/errors with checkstyle and findbugs
is dependent on the version used, having a litmus test on checkstyle and findbugs warnings
for a release only makes sense if we were to use the most recent released versions of checkstyle
and findbugs.

Glenn, can you point us to some examples where no findbugs warnings are a requirement for
a company to use open source software? That would be a good reason for me to support aborting
this vote. Otherwise I am in favor of proceeding with the vote.