From Rich Quist <Rich.Qu...@mathworks.com>
Subject RE: Apache XML Graphics and Java version 8
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:15:30 GMT
Jeremias,

Thanks for the info.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremias Maerki [mailto:dev@jeremias-maerki.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:54 PM
To: general@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache XML Graphics and Java version 8

Hi Rich

The only issue I encountered with Java 7 and 8 is:
(Java 6 was fine)

It relates to how AWT/Java2D enumerates fonts. For some fonts, if you request the plain font
you actually get an italic version of it. It mostly affects Batik and can therefore bleed
into FOP due to SVG support.
The recent changes in Batik concerning font management might have alleviated the problem.
But I haven't checked because I use an older version in production.

HTH
Jeremias Maerki

On 19.03.2015 18:34:27 Rich Quist wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We have begun to look at using Java version 8 and wondered if there are any known issues
with Apache XML Graphics (XML Graphics Commons, FOP, or Batik) either in running with a Java
8 JRE or building with the Java 8 JDK.

> I'd appreciate any information about known issues, or pointers on where to look or ask
for further information.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Rich