From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Apache XML Graphics and Java version 8
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:53:31 GMT
Hi Rich

The only issue I encountered with Java 7 and 8 is:
(Java 6 was fine)

It relates to how AWT/Java2D enumerates fonts. For some fonts, if you
request the plain font you actually get an italic version of it. It
mostly affects Batik and can therefore bleed into FOP due to SVG support.
The recent changes in Batik concerning font management might have
alleviated the problem. But I haven't checked because I use an older
version in production.

HTH
Jeremias Maerki

On 19.03.2015 18:34:27 Rich Quist wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We have begun to look at using Java version 8 and wondered if there are any known issues
with Apache XML Graphics (XML Graphics Commons, FOP, or Batik) either in running with a Java
8 JRE or building with the Java 8 JDK.

> I'd appreciate any information about known issues, or pointers on where to look or ask
for further information.

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Rich