From Vincent Hennebert <vhenneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release XML Graphics Commons 2.0 (Second Attempt)
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:46:13 GMT
On 30/09/14 17:27, Glenn Adams wrote:
> It sounds like a resolution to the problem will take no more than a couple
> of minutes, e.g., disable the test, in which case I'd be happy to change my
> vote to +1.

I absolutely don’t see what it brings us to disable the test, quite on
the contrary. If a regression happens in that area of the code then the
test will no longer be there to catch it.

Plus, as I said that won’t change anything to the fact that the code
will behave differently on a 1.7 JVM. Whether that is desirable or not
has to be investigated.

Finally, it’s still possible to build the artifacts with a 1.7 JDK, just
the test suite doesn’t pass.

Unless I’m given an excellent reason why we should disable the test, I’m
not going to spend any more time on this.

Vincent