From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing XGC, Batik and FOP
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:06:42 GMT
Hi Vincent,

On 17/07/2014 12:59, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> (Moving to general@ as not only FOP is involved.)
>
> I should be able to spare some cycles over the next few weeks to do
> a release of XGC, Batik and FOP. The new versions would be:
> • XGC 1.6
> • Batik 1.8
> • FOP 2.0
>
> The minimum supported JRE for all projects would be 1.5.

I thought in previous discussions the PMC approved the upgrade to Java
6? I'm not sure if anyone has committed any 1.6 specific changes between
now and then, but if they have then a final release based on 1.5 won't
be possible.

> Here’s my view: Branches would be created from the trunks as of now
> + whatever has been committed at the time they are created. That means
> that no existing issue would be required to be solved first (and that
> all of the open FOP issues currently rated as blocker and critical can
> be downgraded to major).
>
> If anybody thinks that some issues/features ought to be fixed/integrated
> in one of the projects before the releases, please mention it now so
> that we can discuss it. At any rate I won’t start anything before Wed
> 30th July.

Which version of pdfbox will users of font merging feature or pdf-plugin
be expected to use? My understanding is that its a 2.0 snapshot
currently, so we might need to wait until PDFbox release that version,
before doing the release.

> Any comment, suggestion?
> Thanks,
> Vincent