From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: New FOP Release [was: Re: FOP Release Automation]
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:39:47 GMT
Hi Glenn,

The original plan was for Robert Meyer to handle the release. I've moved
him to a different project for a while, so I then decided Vincent should
be our volunteer ;-)

However, it came to light that there is an unwritten policy that
releases can't depend on snapshots of other projects. So that's causing
us a problem for the pdf-plugin and font merging enhancement, which is
one of several key features in this release. The PMC needs to decide if
a snapshot dependency is acceptable or whether we should wait for PDFBox
v2.0 to be released.

Vincent is currently looking additional bugs to fix before the release.
Can we continue this discussion on general@ please, since this affects
all projects, not just FOP

Thanks,

Chris